Please send us a short email with a description of your past experience and include the word "confetti" in your note. Please also attach any relevant links, such as LinkedIn, GitHub, Dribbble or portfolio links.
Senior front-end developer
Canada / Remote
Pact is looking for a Senior Frontend Developer – someone who has a vast comprehension of what it takes to develop (and ship) exceptional ecommerce experiences.
In this job, you’ll be working alongside other inspired developers driven to build cutting-edge websites and experiences, working with Git, Typescript, React and Shopify’s many APIs.
You’ll take an active role in the development of the work, but also play an integral part in the project’s overall success – working closely with our clients to understand their goals and constraints, leading technical demos and iterating alongside our design team throughout the design and development process.
- Work with clients to build new sites from the ground up as well as new features.
- Deliver features on time (sometimes, without much detail, design or requirements).
- Understand your priorities and know when to shift focus in order to finish your tasks on time and raise flags when you suspect the timeline may be at risk.
- Be detail-oriented and passionate about creating beautiful front-end experiences (animations, transitions and beautiful, functional experiences are your jam).
- Provide feedback on design completeness, feature feasibility and implementation effort.
- Be proactive in helping other team members when faced with a technical issue or challenge.
- Review other team members’ code submissions to ensure it matches the needs of the task or project (completeness, performance, quality, etc).
- Participate (and sometimes lead) in client meetings and demos, demonstrating project progress or gathering technical requirements.
- Support other team members’ growth by participating in knowledge transfer sessions and internal lunch & learn events.
- Help plan sprints by providing estimates and breaking down projects in bite-sized tasks.
- Help promote an inspiring and inclusive environment alongside the rest of the team.
- 5+ years of experience as a Front-End (or full-stack) developer. Startup experience is a bonus.
- Experience with Git and a decent understanding of zsh or bash.
- General experience building, launching and maintaining Shopify stores (experience with Liquid and ThemeKit).
- Appreciation of design and can protect its thoughtfulness without compromising fidelity.
- Responds positively and is able to help the team adapt to changing priorities within fast-paced projects.
- Knowledge of architecting an application and understanding how business trade-offs impact technical choices, and vice versa.
- A self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Appreciates taking complex problems and transforming them into elegant and simple solutions.
- Ability to present to and communicate with clients with clarity and confidence.
- Experience with the following languages, frameworks or services: TypeScript, React, Gatsby, Netlify, Cloudflare Workers, GraphQL.
- Experience with WCAG/ADA compliance.
- Experience with Figma or Sketch.
- A natural inclination to take the lead and help everyone arrive at a deeper understanding and greater appreciation of the work.
- An unparalleled ability to think outside the box.
- An eagerness to try new frameworks or solutions when opportunities arise.
Why work at pact
- We believe in a remote-first work culture, and encourage people to live wherever their heart desires (many of us have moved throughout COVID as we adapt to a "new normal" – and that's just fine!)
- The team is mostly distributed throughout Canada – with a few remote contractors in Europe.
- You'll get 2-3 weeks off per year around the holidays; 3 additional weeks off to use at your discretion. Unlike murky "unlimited time off" policies that no one quite understands, we believe in providing ample time to rest, relax and recharge.
- Half-Day Fridays, every Friday (honestly!)
- Health + Wellness and Office Expense Stipends.
- Performance-Based Bonuses.
- We work with inspiring brands with big ideas about the future of retail and commerce.
- This is a remote gig (open to anyone in Canada); salary is dependent upon your location and we will pay competitively based on your market.