Please send us a short email with a description of your past experience and include the word "confetti" in your note. Please also attach any relevant links, such as LinkedIn, GitHub, Dribbble or portfolio links.
Canada / Remote
Pact is looking for a Senior Designer/Design Lead – someone who has a vast comprehension of what it takes to design (and ship) beautiful, functional digital experiences.
In this job, you'll still take an active role in the creation of the work, but also play an integral part in the project's overall success – working closely with clients to understand their goals, leading demos, exploring and iterating throughout the design process, handing the work over and briefing developers and guiding incoming designers that join our ranks.
- Guide the design process – dig into requirements from stakeholders, lead the design process and prep it for development.
- Drive key client presentations and discussions of your work.
- Respectfully decline the status quo and push clients and colleagues outside their comfort zone when appropriate.
- Work with our Head of Operations and Creative Director to define project requirements + scope.
- Help promote an inspiring and inclusive environment alongside the rest of the team.
- 5(ish) years of design experience – even better if it's in ecommerce or with direct-to-consumer brands.
- Demonstrated mastery of UI/UX principles, best practices and common design tools (we use Figma for the most part). Bonus points for interaction and/or prototyping design skills.
- A natural inclination to take the lead and help everyone arrive at a deeper understanding and greater appreciation of the work.
- Fluent in translating stakeholder goals, user research and requirements into an exceptional design experience.
- Be comfortable pressure-testing work for unique edge cases; ensure the T's are crossed and the I's are dotted so that there are fewer unknowns in the development process.
- Well-versed in staying ahead of desktop and mobile best practices, developments and trends in web, mobile and iOS design.
- Comfortable with some ambiguity and client briefs that sometimes lead to more questions than answers; we expect a willingness to try things out even when things may be a bit murkier than would be ideal.
- Motivated by feedback and the opportunity to improve in your role and shape the company's culture overall.
- Possess a spark of entrepreneurial spirit – most of our clients are startups, so big ideas and a scrappy attitude will get you far.
Why work at Pact
- We believe in a remote-first work culture, and encourage people to live wherever their heart desires (many of us have moved throughout COVID as we adapt to a "new normal" – and that's just fine!)
- The team is mostly distributed throughout Canada – with a few remote contractors in Europe.
- You'll get 2-3 weeks off per year around the holidays; 3 additional weeks off to use at your discretion. Unlike murky "unlimited time off" policies that no one quite understands, we believe in providing ample time to rest, relax and recharge.
- Half-Day Fridays, every Friday (honestly!)
- Health + Wellness and Office Expense Stipends.
- Performance-Based Bonuses.
- We work with inspiring brands with big ideas about the future of retail and commerce.
- This is a remote gig (open to anyone in Canada); salary is dependent upon your location and we will pay competitively based on your market..